Friday, May 15, 2009



My Name is Christopher Turse, and I am the 'Garden Coordinator' at the Washington Youth Garden. I wanted to write this first post on my birthday to say how proud I am to be a part of such a magnificent team at the WYG! Yup, this is my first job out of college and what a journey it has been... Today marks my 26th birthday and June 13th marks my 3 year anniversary as a youth gardener instructor! I am feeling very excited for the future and would be silly not to remeber the past and what has gotten us here. The garden and all of the WYG educational programs have come such a long way throughout all of our manifestations. Thank you so much to everybody that is or has been affiliated with the WYG in any capacity. I am posting these pictures for you all to get a glimpse of what myself, Kaifa, Kacie, Katherine, and all of our volunteers and participants have been experiencing in the garden. I truly cannot wait until this summer when the sun is beating down our necks and we are all laughing in the garden as we harvest an array of stunning vegetables, fruit, and herbs. As always, it's all about the children, no matter how healing it is for the rest of us...






















































































No comments:

Post a Comment